This post may contain affiliate marketing links and references. There is not extra cost to you and they allow me to continue writing content for my readers, so Thank You for your support!
Welcome back to Get A Side Hustle!
Well Month 4 has been very busy for me personally. I had a trip to California and to Illinois. In all honesty, I have had very little time to dedicate to my Elite Blog Academy Studies this month but I plan on kicking it back into high gear in May!
Just a quick recap….. the experiment will be a 12 month experiment and I will write a monthly post about “lessons learned”. I can’t wait to see where I am 12 months from now! 🙂
The Blog Experiment – Lessons learned – Month 4
As I mentioned, I have had very little time to dedicate to the Elite Blog Academy as well as blogging. I have been very busy on a personal level. My son graduated from the Naval Academy on April 21st and I attended his graduation in Great Lakes, Illinois. I wouldn’t have missed it for the world and I am so proud of him.
Back to the topic at hand!
I was able to get a few articles posted during April so it wasn’t a complete disaster! 🙂 One of my favorite posts to write recently was about my new product!!!
The Personal Shopping Agent!
It is a new service that I am offering to those who live (or visit) the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area. It is a one of kind shopping experience with access to some of the top brands at buying agent prices. I offer my clients the opportunity to go on a shopping spree through a 5 million square foot world famous location. I personally accompany them through a wonderful shopping experience. You can check out my post here – Personal Shopping Agent
If you are ever in the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area and want to go shopping with me, then give me shout! You can check out the different packages on my website or call us toll free to schedule an appointment. 844-512-SHOP or Treasure Island Shop
In this post, I will be covering the answers to the following questions below.
- Update on my blog platform.
- Update on my hosting service.
- Update on my affiliate programs.
- My site traffic for the fourth month.
- Upcoming improvements.
Alright….well Let’s get started!
My Blog Platform
- WordPress.org Update
- I am still very happy with my WordPress.org choice. I learn something new every week about WordPress and its capabilities.
- I am still working my way around the OptinMonster install. I will be dedicating more time to this plugin during the month of May. So far so good though.
- You have to sign up for an account before you can begin creating campaigns but it is well worth it. You can sign up here OptinMonster
My Hosting Service
- I have been absolutely thrilled with my BlueHost service. If you are looking for a great hosting service with excellent customer service, then BlueHost is the right choice. You can get started with them for less than $4.00 per month (basic service). What are you waiting for? It is super easy!
My Affiliate Programs
- I have 3 major affiliate programs at this time. As I mentioned in my previous update, I am very selective about the products that I choose to promote. I would find it very difficult to tell others how much I like a product if I have never used it.
- I currently work with BlueHost , Shopify and OptinMonster
- BlueHost is the hosting service that I use and I love them.
- Shopify is the ecommerce site that I use to run my online store Treasure Island Shop. Shopify makes it so easy to setup a custom online shop or store. They even offer a free trial period for you to try them out. They are super cheap too. $29.00 for the basic package and it has more than everything you need to get your store up and running. It is extremely user friendly. I am not very technical and I was able to build a basic store in 15 days. If you are looking to create an online presence for your business, then check out Shopify. Oh, I almost forgot….Their customer service ROCKS!!! They will help you through everything and answer all of your questions. Shopify …….It’s free to get started.
- OptinMonster is a WordPress plugin that allows you to capture email subscribers by creating campaigns. They have really good tutorials for those who are handling your blog sites on your own (like me). It is also pretty easy to setup campaigns. Don’t worry if you get stuck……you can ask for their help. They have really awesome customer service.
- I will be adding 2 more affiliate programs in the month of May. I look forward to sharing those with you in my next post.
My Site Traffic – April 2017
- What is SEO – Simply put, it is the ability for the search engines (ie: google, bing, etc.) to “crawl” your site and add it to the search options.
- My fourth month has dropped in views. I am sure that has to do with me not dedicating the appropriate amount of time to my blog in April. I had a total of 77 views my fourth month. I could look at the decrease as discouraging or recognize my part in why the numbers could have fallen. Blogging is hard! Last month my personal life got in the way but I am back again with more content! You just have to keep chipping away at it in order to be successful! 🙂
- I have decided to move in a different direction with my site re-design. I am meeting with a local web design company next week to discuss my options. The other company that was recommended to me is just way too busy.
- Optimizing my SEO capabilities. This is something that I will also be working with the new design company to determine if I have all of my ducks in a row! 🙂
- Adding new categories – It is important to me to have categories that make sense to my readers, so I am going to be reviewing the categories and possibly adding (or deleting) ones that don’t make sense for my blog.
I hope that you have found my feedback useful. Tune in next month for the Month 5 update in my 12 month blog experiment.
Until next time my friends, Christie